I Am Remembering


I learned this song at Deer Park Monastery and was told it could be sung as a two part round but the timing was a little tricky.  Nothing is quite so motivating as a challenge, so I sat down with it and figured it out. It only had two parts, so I composed a third line for the round to create a fuller sound. Hope you enjoy the new version in the video tutorial below.

This tutorial was a request from a local sangha member at our last retreat.  If you have a favorite song that you would like to see a tutorial of, please drop me a note in the contact form at the bottom of the page!  And if you find this new version of the song beautiful/ useful/ compelling, you can nourish gratitude and generosity by offering a donation to support the creation of more Sangha Songs tutorials. Your generosity will bear fruit many times over as Sangha Songs are shared around the world.




I find it is very helpful to have this song in my mind on a daily basis, to remember my intention of living in a way that brings peace to all living beings.  So often in our daily lives we forget where and who we are, getting caught up in plans and fears for the future or regrets for the past.  This song reminds us to come home to ourself.